I’m young and healthy, why would I need health insurance?
Leaving the den can be both an exciting and daunting move. Moving out of your parents’ house and starting your journey as an adult with fun new adventures such as finding your own place and creating your own life, living by your own rules. However, the reverse side of the coin is that being an adult also comes with responsibilities like paying bills, and most essentially, joining a healthcare provider. There is no denying it, medical aid is expensive and becoming more so every year. The problem is having no medical aid is possibly even more expensive. Unfortunately, a lot of young people don’t have any idea of how much healthcare costs until they are drowning in it themselves.
Young adults usually have other things to spend their money on rather than health insurance, and if this is you, it’s time you reevaluate your needs. Medical expenses are a part of life, and while you might think that you’re young and healthy, accidents can happen at any age, anywhere, so wouldn’t you rather be covered?
There’s a package for everyone
The great thing about medical aid is that you’ll be able to find coverage that suits your lifestyle, without making you pay an arm and a leg for something you cannot afford. It's easy to sit back and not worry about your health or insurance for that matter, but when you’re forced to face the costs of hospitalisation, it will make you reconsider your decisions.
Being a young adult, you don’t think about the ‘unforeseen’ as much as you should. However, it’s important to be prepared in the case of having a medical emergency.
That's why RelianceHMO is a great option for young adults looking to buy health insurance, joining RelianceHMO provides young adults with a rest of mind through access to quality healthcare and emergency cover.
Here are a few personal benefits of joining RelianceHMO:
- You’ll be rest assured knowing that if an unforeseen event were to happen, you will not need to go through extremities to pay for your medical bills because we have you covered.
- You will have access to some of the best hospitals and healthcare facilities in Nigeria, with the best doctors, nurses and overall medical care and support.
- Depending on the insurance plan you purchase, you will get the opportunity to visit the eye doctor, dentist or a physiotherapist if you needed to go for an eye test, dental care or general check-up at a general practitioner.
- Again, depending on the scheme you purchase, you might get the opportunity to go to a doctor for regular health check-ups and blood tests. This is extremely valuable in moments of urgency, especially considering how much consultation fees are, along with your medication.
- Some policies offer lifestyle benefits such as gym membership discounts.
Apparently ,healthcare schemes are able to offer unlimited health benefits depending on the type of premium you purchase. By simply taking these steps to take better care of yourself and your future, you’ll easily find ways to stretch your money further each month while still being covered for anything health-related.