Stressed? Here Are Five Easy Ways To Avoid Burnouts
Burnouts are described, by the Urban Dictionary, as a state of emotional and physical exhaustion caused by a prolonged period of stress and frustration; an inevitable corporate condition characterized by frequent displays of unprofessional behavior, a blithe refusal to do any work, and most important, a distinct aura of not giving a shit. The good thing is burnouts don’t just happen as there are indications that show if you on the verge of one.
Some of these indicators are;
- High levels of stress or anxiety + Low energy and exhaustion.
- Lack of engagement +Increased cynicism.
- Physical illness + Numbness.
- Inefficiency + Self criticism
When you start having these symptoms, you are well on the way to experiencing a depressing burnout. This should be a wake-up call that you may be on a dangerous path. Take some time to honestly assess the amount of stress in your life and find ways to reduce it before it's too late. Burnout isn't like the flu; it doesn't go away after a few weeks unless you make some changes in your life
Below are some of the ways to prevent burnouts;
- Take a Vacation. Vacations with loved ones will help you avoid burning out. Another benefit of taking a vacation is you set a good example for hard-working employees who never take the time out.
- Recharge throughout the day during your free time. Schedule free time on your calendar and stick to it. It's crucial to take time out to recharge, even if it's just 30 minutes a day. You'll get back to work feeling inspired, and chances are, you'll accomplish a lot more than you would if you worked straight through the day.
- Exercise frequently. When you feel so mentally burnt out from juggling multiple projects, there's one sure way to recharge your brain and my enthusiasm— exercising. It's a way to unplug and just focus on the task in front of you, whether on a treadmill or on a jog down your street. This gives you a certain high that allows you get back to work feeling rejuvenated.
- Free your mind by meditating. Even if it's just for 10 minutes, spending the time (especially in the early afternoon) to just breathe can be refreshing for you. It will keep you fresh and sharp.
For more information and health tips including the best health insurance for just 3,500 naira per month, visit RelianceHMO.com